Despite a background in journalism, my first year of podcasting has been a lesson in letting go of the need for perfection.
I've never been one to do things the 'right' way and podcasting has been no different. I jumped in with a loose idea and ran with it.... It wasn't until t a few episodes in I read a few 'how to launch a podcast' articles and realised I'd basically ignored all the recommendations for starting a podcast.
Does it matter? I don't think so! In the early days of podcasting it's the perfect time to experiment, try out new ideas, formats and design elements. Take risks and if they don' work out it doesn't matter. The first year of podcasting is mostly about learning new skills, figuring out your audience, adapting, and most important, having fun.
Most podcasts don't make it past the forth episode and it's easy to understand why. Podcasting is hard, it takes a lot of time and at times it feels like you're talking into a void. But perseverance is worth it, the joy of creating something that is entirely yours is special.
If you're interested in hearing more on this topic my case study video for the upcoming Podfest Global Master Class will be available in early May. Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
Pre-Week Topics Include:
- Stop Getting Stuck! 3 Ways to Outline Your Next Podcast Episode
- Social Media Growth 101
- Tips & Tricks for Unlocking the Power of Music for Podcasts
- How to create 1 hour a day for your self-care
- How I Grew My Podcast From 9 Listeners on Launch Day to the Top 2%, Globally
- Co-hosting Tips and Tricks for Virtual Podcasting
- Death Yo! - How to talk about sensitive topics
Main Week Topics include:
- Intro to Podcast Advertising
- How To Create a Profitable Membership from Podcasting
- Sell your show without selling your soul
- Audience Growth Secrets - Discover The Fastest Way To Grow Your List and Followers
- Why Time Blocking is the new Productivity
- Skyrocket Your Podcast and Business Reach with Pinterest
- Optimizing Your Podcast’s Website for High Google Rankings
Don't miss out on learning from some of the best podcasters from around the globe and grab your ticket here. Use the code 'THECWORD' and get a free entry to pre-week.
Get in touch if you are interested in talking about how I can help you with your podcasting with a 30min complimentary session.